In this article, I am going to explain the process of getting Facebook App credentials. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
STEP 1: Login to https://developers.facebook.com
1. Visit Facebook developers page i.e. https://developers.facebook.com
2. Select my Apps >> Add new App from the menu.
3. A popup will appear seeking your App name and contact email.
4. After entering the App name & contact email, click “Create App ID” button
STEP 2: Set your App details
1. Go to App Dashboard >> Settings >> Basic page. Enter your contact email and App domain on this page.
2. Choose an App category and click the “Save changes” button.
STEP 3: Add platform
1. Below the App details section on the Basic Settings page, you’ll find an “Add platform” section.
2. Click on it and choose ‘Website‘.
STEP 4: Enter your website Url
Enter your website Url. The Url needs to be “https:” as Facebook no longer supports “http” domains.
STEP 5: Now make the App Live
1. Click on the radio button on the top of the page and a popup will show up.
2. Choose an App category (if you haven’t already in the previous step) and click the “confirm” button.
3. Your App is now live and ready for use.
STEP 6: Copy the App ID and App secret
Copy the App ID and App secret for the App that you just created on Facebook.
STEP 7: Enter the credentials in FB LeadMachine settings
After copying the credentials from Facebook, enter them in the FB Lead Machine >> Settings page, press the “Save App Details” button and… it’s done.
Thank you for taking the time to read my article.
Share it with your friends if you find it useful!